Are you interested in working in a fun, positive environment, promoting gardening and volunteerism? Why not work for MSHS? We have an opening for someone to join our staff. Here are the details:
Title: Administrative Coordinator
The Administrative Coordinator will perform administrative duties and support the mission of MSHS, a nonprofit organization that provides resources, education and community to cold climate gardeners. The position’s main duties include recruiting volunteers for our outreach throughout the year. This position is part time (approximately 28 hours per week).
• Perform general office duties, answer phones, help customers in our retail store and process transactions, open and process mail, and perform data entry for different program areas.
• Assist visitors with library checkout.
• Coordinate weekly and event volunteers for the organization’s outreach and office support.
• Work with staff to identify the volunteer needs of the organization.
• Recruit new volunteers from MSHS membership and on occasion, outside MSHS membership. Interview and provide orientation for new volunteers.
• Recruit and schedule volunteers to provide support for MSHS staff at the office for all program areas
•Maintain the volunteer database, volunteer queries.
•Generate monthly, spring shows and state fair reports for volunteer program from our database.
• Develop and monitor an expense budget for the volunteer program and submit to the Community Outreach Coordinator for the programs budget.
•Generate thank you emails to volunteers after large events and special projects.
•Prepare yearly the volunteer summary report for the audit.
• Develop a yearly Volunteer Recognition event.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Work with staff at outside events such as the spring garden shows and the Minnesota State Fair.
• Should have strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Be a problem solver and be comfortable exploring new innovations.
• Self starter, be able to work independently and be self guided.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
• Have a general interest in gardening.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Rose Eggert, CEO
Minnesota State Horticultural Society
2705 Lincoln Drive
Roseville, MN 55112